Ferris State University eLearning department will act as the centralized hub for the
local efforts of the Game Based Learning Institute (GBLI). The Game Based Learning
Institute will help research, promote, develop partnerships, and create game-based
- Promote: The GBLI will host events that provide participants with opportunities to
see examples of game based learning. Efforts will be made to provide a local platform
for faculty to disseminate information about game-based learning experiences.
- Create Partnerships: The GBLI will facilitate conversations across disciplines and
institutions to establish mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Create: The GBLI will look for opportunities to create highly engaging learning activities
that utilize best practices from both pedagogical and play perspectives.
- Funding: The GBLI will partner with other educational entities to broaden our grant
- Be recognized as an expert on current trends and research surrounding game based learning.
Use this expertise to inform and promote best practices in game based learning implementation.
- Develop a web presence where current article could be posted, events could be organized,
and individuals could stay engaged.
- Create a sustainable conference surrounding the game based learning pedagogy. This
conference platform would be used to celebrate local success stories and allow others
who are casually interested in the topic to explore it further.