Dear Prospective Students:
Congratulations on your acceptance to Ferris State University! Given your interest in pursuing a career in Science, Technology, Engineering Technology and/or Mathematics (also known as STEM), we want to let you know about STEM at Ferris and the challenging, interesting, and financially rewarding careers available to you!
Ferris State University has several scholarships available; some of these are specifically targeted to STEM majors: like our Project S3OAR (Sustainable, Scalable Scholarships, Opportunities, Achievement, and Results). This new project funded by the National Science Foundation offers scholarship funding, as well as academic and peer support for those designated as S3OAR Scholars. S3OAR Scholars will receive financial support and have the opportunity to be involved in STEM mentoring-tutoring programs and career shadowing opportunities.
Majors in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Biological Sciences (including pre-professional concentrations such as pre-med, pre-dental, etc) and Biotechnology
- Industrial Chemistry
Engineering Technology Majors in the College of Engineering Technology
- Automotive Engineering Technology
- Heavy Equipment Technology
- HVACR Engineering Technology
- Computer Networks and Systems
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Product Design Engineering Technology
- Surveying Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology and Manufacturing Technology
- Plastics Engineering Technology
- Welding Engineering Technology
To be considered for a S3 OAR scholarship, one must:
- Be a US citizen, permanent resident, national, or refugee
- Enroll full-time in a baccalaureate program with a major in one of the participating programs;
- Demonstrate financial need as defined by the U.S. Department of Education
- Demonstrate academic ability or potential. Success in mathematics is an excellent predictor of future STEM performance
We are currently scheduling virtual interviews for the admitted students who plan to major in STEM programs at Ferris State University in the fall semester, 2021. The available dates are January 25-28, February 8-11 and 22-25, March 8-11.
We're using SignUp.com to organize our upcoming interviews, please sign up a virtual interview as soon as possible.
How It Works
1) Click the proper links to see our SignUp on SignUp.com:
- If you plan to study in the qualified Engineering Technology majors, chemistry, Pre-Science, Pre-engineering, and Pre-Pharmacy, Sign up for an Interview
- If you plan to study in Mathematics and Biological Sciences (including pre-professional studies, such as pre-med, pre-dent, pre-opt, etc) Sign up for an Interview
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Two days before the interview, we will send you a message to remind you the interview. All interviews will be conducted virtually via Zoom, we will give you a detailed instruction after signing up.
For further information please go to www.ferris.edu/S3OAR . Whatever you choose for your future we wish you the best of success!
If you have any questions, please contact us as [email protected]