Commencement is fast approaching, and graduating Ferris State University students are encouraged to prepare themselves by attending the Spring Grad Fair 2014 on Tuesday, March 25 from noon to 5 p.m. in the Student Recreation Center.
The fair is co-sponsored by Alumni Relations, the Commencement Office and the James L. Lundberg Bookstore, a division of Barnes and Noble. The Grad Fair is designed to provide soon-to-be Ferris graduates opportunities to benefit from a one-stop shop for commencement needs.
The spring grad fair typically welcomes approximately 800 students to benefit from the event’s services.
Graduating students will be able to:
- Pick up commencement ceremony tickets
- Purchase cap and gown
- Order graduation announcements
- Complete a loan exit interview
- Check out graduate degree programs offered at Ferris
- Have résumé critiqued
- Order a class ring
- Have a free digital photo taken
- Receive benefit information from the Alumni Association
- Order business cards or résumé paper
- Create a video message for family and friends that will be included in a video shown
before the commencement ceremony.
The fair also includes refreshments and hourly door prizes.
Caps and gowns will also be available for purchase at the bookstore between Wednesday, March 27 and Friday, May 3.
Spring 2014 commencement ceremonies will take place on Friday, May 9 for the College of Health Professions, at 3:30 p.m.; and the College of Arts, Sciences and Education, College of Pharmacy and Doctorate of Community College Leadership, at 7 p.m. Ceremonies will be held on Saturday, May 10 for the College of Engineering Technology, at 9 a.m.; the College of Business, at 12:30 p.m.; and the Michigan College of Optometry and the College of Education and Human Services, at 4 p.m.