- What does DART stand for?
- What does it cost me to ride the shuttle?
The shuttle is free to anyone who needs a ride anywhere on the regular campus shuttle routes.
- I am physically disabled. Will the shuttle bus accommodate my needs?All the DART buses are wheelchair accessible.
- What other options are available for disabled people for shuttle transportation?
If a person with disabilities prefers to not ride the Campus Shuttle, they can make arrangements for a special DART pickup to take them to any location on campus at no charge. (To be taken anywhere off campus, there is a $1.00 charge each way.)
For a special DART pickup, call 796-8675 at least 2 hours prior to needed pickup time.
- When does the shuttle run?
The campus shuttle runs from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Friday, during the fall and spring semesters. Shuttle runs only on days classes are scheduled.
- Do the routes change or are they the same every day?
The route is the same every day.
- What is the route?
Currently there are eight stops scheduled on the campus shuttle (see route map in the left navigation):
- East Campus Suites
- The Rock Café
- Knollview Drive at parking lot 4
- Allied Health Building
- West Campus Community Center
- Parking lot 19 (west of McDonald's)
- Arts and Science Building
- North Hall near the UC
- How long does the route loop take?
The campus shuttle will run continuous loops, each taking approximately 18 to 20 minutes. The shuttle loop may take longer during busy traffic hours or inclement weather.
- How can I know when it will be at each stop?
The DoubleMap mobile app will display the location of the buss en route. You can also view where the buss is live at bigrapids.doublemap.com
- How do I get the mobile app?
Download DoubleMap for free from your app store to see where the shuttle is located en route. You can also access the same map through the FerrisGO mobile app. Find out more about the FerrisGo app.
- Will the shuttle wait for me if I am running late?
Please be at the stop and ready to board the shuttle when it arrives at your location since it is unable to wait for riders.
- The current stops are nice, but the bus does not stop close to my destination. Is
it possible to add another stop?
Analyses are conducted periodically to analyze traffic flow, ridership, and student needs. Based on information the route could change. If you have suggestions email them to [email protected].
- What if I leave something on the DART shuttle bus?
The bus driver will keep any found items on the bus during the day the item was found. After that initial day, call the DART office at 231.796.8675.
- What if I have additional questions?
Contact Auxiliary Enterprises at 231.591.3947, [email protected] or DART staff at 231.796.8675.