Office of Community Engagement
The Office of Community Engagement (OCE) at Ferris State University is an intentional bridge between the university and the broader West Michigan community. The origins of our university is connecting opportunity and community. The work of the OCE is to connect the abundant learning opportunities of our local communities to the learning of the university AND to connect the resources of our university to our local community.
Themes of Work:
- Knowing West Michigan – Faculty/Staff Engagement Opportunities
- Education Access – PreK/12 Initiatives – Connecting Ferris to Childhood Learning
- Academic Service Learning – Mutually beneficial Community Based Learning
- Political Engagement - Voter Education Initiatives
- Place Building – Community Collaboration and Development