1201 S. State Street
Timme Center, CSS 310
Big Rapids, MI 49307
College graduates should be able to analyze and define the needs of their intended audience; specifically, they should be able to
- address audiences whose backgrounds in the topic vary widely
- address audiences whose cultural and communication norms may differ from those of the writer
- define their anticipated multiple audiences
- clearly understand their audiences' values, attitudes, goals and needs
- consider how an audience will use the document
- choose words that their audience will understand
- understand the relationship between the audience and themselves.
- understand the relationship between the audience and the subject material.