Ferris State University will be celebrating Women's History Month with a series of activities during the month of March.
Women’s History Month is an annual month-long celebration that celebrates women’s contributions to history, culture and society. The United States has observed Women’s History Month every March since 1987.
Here are a list of events hosted by the Office of Multicultural Student Services as a part of Women’s History Month.
- March 17 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the University Center
- March 24 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Interdisciplinary Resource Center
- March 31 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in FLITE
“The Help” Movie and Discussion
- March 17 at 7 p.m. in FLITE, Suite 159 (OMSS Office)
Women at Risk (W.A.R.)
- March 18 at 6 p.m. in the University Center, Room 202A
The W.I.L.L Conference
- March 19 at 7 p.m. in the University Center, Room 202
“Gender Roles in America” Panel
- March 24 at 11 a.m. in FLITE, Room 133
- March 24 at 7 p.m. in the University Center, Room 202A
YBBW Women’s Conference
- March 26 at 6 p.m. in the University Center, Rankin Lounge
A Student Tribute to Maya and Women’s RSO Expo
- March 30 at 7:30 p.m. in the University Center, Room 202C
Event sponsors for Women’s History Month include: Diversity and Inclusion Office, the Office of International Education, Student Government, Panhellenic Council, Sigma Lambda Gamma and You Beautiful Black Woman.
All events are free and open to the public.
For more information on these events, visit the Ferris State Office of Multicultural Student Services on Facebook, here.