LGBTQ+ Resource Center
David L. Eisler Center, 120C
The LGBTQ+ Resource Center serves to foster a supportive environment that is open, safe, and inclusive for students of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. The Center’s objective is to celebrate and affirm LGBTQ+ people, identities, and communities; to support the development of LGBTQ+-sensitive and -accountable personal and professional skills among the Ferris community; and to support and advocate for, and with, members of the LGBTQ+ community for an equitable, inclusive culture at Ferris State University that celebrates and values LGBTQ+ people.
Events and Opportunities to Connect
The LGBTQ+ Resource Center offers a wide range of events and other opportunities to get involved and connect with students, faculty and staff.
LGBTQ+ Liberation House
The LGBTQ+ Liberation House is a Live-Learn Community for students interested in learning about LGBTQ+ identities, cultures, histories, and communities.
- Affirm and celebrate LGBTQ+ individuals, identities, and cultures.
- Educate the greater Ferris community about LGBTQ+ identities and LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming practices.
- Connect LGBTQ+ students with each other, staff and faculty, and all University resources.
- Provide resources for students, employees, and the community to learn about and advocate for LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Foster student leadership and personal, academic, and professional growth through mentoring and collaborations on and off campus.
- Provide a gathering space for all LGBTQ+ students & allies to build community and support each other.
Signature Programs and Services
- A drop-in space for visitors.
- Information, referrals, and advocacy.
- Weekly drop-in Coffeehouse, Wednesdays, 4-6.
- Semesterly Welcome Receptions.
- Lavender Graduation, Ferris' celebration of LGBTQ+ and ally graduates.
- Cultural programming for National Coming Out Day, LGBT History Month, Spring Pride Week, Transgender Visibility Week, Pride Month, and more.
- Social and support groups for questioning students, and for bi, pan, and fluid students.
- A resource lending library, funded in part by the Ferris State University Faculty and Staff Diversity Mini-Grant, the LGBTQ+ Resource Center, and the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs. Available by appointment.
- A donation-based clothing closet for transgender students. Accessible by appointment.