Fall 2019 Commencement Cap Photo Challenge
The Ferris State University News Services and Social Media Team is collaborating with Alumni Relations to host the Fall 2019 Commencement Cap Photo Challenge. This contest is open to all graduating Ferris seniors who will participate in Fall 2019 commencement ceremonies. The contest is designed to showcase the creative message offered by our students as they prepare for commencement ceremonies on Dec. 14, in Big Rapids, on main campus. A grand-prize winner will be honored and three individuals will receive runner-up prizes. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges. The grand-prize winner will receive a diploma frame as well as a portfolio and pen set. Other winners will receive the portfolio and pen set. Winners will be notified by email.
To enter, we ask that you:
- Be creative in decorating your cap for the Fall 2019 commencement ceremonies
- Decorate and submit your entry at the Fall 2019 Grad Fair event. Successful entries
should not include inappropriate references to alcohol or the promotion of alcohol.
Additionally, successful entries should not include drugs, drug paraphernalia, or
nudity. Such entries will be deemed inappropriate, and the entrant will be disqualified.
- For those who do not submit, at Grad Fair, email your entry to the [email protected] email account. The cap and the person submitting the cap should be visible. A best
practice is to take two photos (one with the entrant and the cap as well as one that
clearly shows the cap. The following information should be included:
- First and Last name
- Degree earned
- A caption that describes your inspiration for your cap design.
- You can email [email protected] to make arrangements to come to the office, Prakken Building 108, to have photos taken and to submit the appropriate information.
Please keep in mind photos submitted may be posted on official Ferris social media
accounts in addition to other Ferris publications. Contestants are encouraged to be
safe and responsible in creating their works of art. The official entrant/winner is
the person who takes/submits the photo for the contest. The Spring 2019 Commencement Cap Photo Challenge officially begins at grad fair, on Thursday,
Nov. 7 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Entrants can decorate their caps at grad fair and submit
their entry. The deadline for submission is Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 by 11:59 p.m.
PHOTO CAPTIONS: Top photo is of our Spring 2019 Commencement Cap Photo Challenge grand-prize winner, Morgan Ducharme. The bottom photo is a display of her entry into the contest.