Bulldog Beginnings is your chance to discover everything Ferris has to offer you. This annual series of welcome events will help you dive right in and have fun with fellow Bulldogs, explore your resources, make connections, and start your year off right.
Fall 2021 Schedule
University Center 120
- Free Student Book Club meets every other Tuesday for 7 weeks.
- Book and workbook provided
University Center, 121 Lobby
- Get prepared for the semester and get supplies to make your own planner or bullet journal. Also watch @ferrisclacs to see videos on tips and tricks on how to create these tools.
- Join staff from Meijer to enjoy a variety of activities, giveaways and coupons!
IRC Connector (changed location due to weather)
Students are encouraged to attend and connect with multicultural student organizations and supportive campus departments! There will be chances to win some great raffle prizes.
Lot 41 Outside of Optometry Building
- Stop by for some free donuts and chat with the Deans!
- Students can speak to representatives of Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) at this Expo to find out what they want to get involved with outside the classroom. RSOs are a great way to meet people with interests similar to your own and to develop leadership skills. There are over 200 RSOs on campus ranging from academic programs to club sports to faith-based to special interest and more. Find out where you want to be and meet your new friends! There will also be a variety of local businesses at the Bonanza to share what they have to offer. Everything will be free at this event!
The Anti-Violence Alliance will be passing out French fries and toppings to students in the Robinson Quad.
Meet at Woodbridge Statue Robinson Quad
- What is the oldest building on campus? Where did Rusty the Bulldog come from? How do you say "Carillon Tower"?
- Join us on a Traditions Walk to learn about these traditions and many more. Meet at the Woodbridge statue in the Robison Quad. The walk ends at the Rock in the South Quad where your handprint will be left on campus until the end of time. Walks start at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. Join whenever it fits your schedule best.
University Center 203
- Meet and learn how to join one of our Interfraternity Council Chapters
University Center Suite 121 Lobby
- Join the Student Activities staff for a walking trip to the Friday Farmers' Market in downtown Big Rapids. The first fifty participants will receive a free Band of Locals wristband to use for discounts at many Big Rapids area businesses.
- Participants will also get to participate in a special history tour of downtown Big Rapids and get their picture taken at the top of the Nisbett Building!
- Bring some cash to make purchases at the market or just listen to the music and enjoy the downtown area.
- Join staff from the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships and Ready For Life for eats, treats, lawn games and fun on the Quad
- Are you a transfer student or dual enrolled student? Do you know a transfer student or dual enrolled student? Would you like to learn more about the new Ready For Life Program at Ferris?
- Come by and say hi, grab something to eat, play some games and even win some prizes! See you on the quad. Look for the yard games and the Bulldog Food Truck, that is where we will be!
- Midwest Dueling Pianos is an interactive musical comedy experience that will have students singing, shouting, dancing and laughing.
- Hosted by the Music and Entertainment Business Association and Entertainment Unlimited
UC 121 Lobby
- Join us for this years Big Alleyway Cleanup as we give back to the community and help cleanup the alleyways.
- Volunteer yourself or as your RSO at the link below.
- We will begin in the CLACS office and go out into the community.
University Center 202
- Play team trivia with questions about movies, tv, music and more, hosted by Ferris alum Matt Eickhoff!
- A maximum of five players allowed per team. Don't have a team? Don't worry, we will help you find teammates!
- Prizes to the top performing team as well as random prizes given throughout the game.
If you have a disability and require accommodation to participate in this event, contact the Center for Leadership, Activities and Career Services at (231) 591-2685 or via [email protected] to request accommodations at least 72 hours in advance.