The LGBTQ+ Resource Center serves to foster a supportive environment that is open,
safe, and inclusive for students of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and
gender expressions. The Center’s objective is to celebrate and affirm LGBTQ+ people,
identities, and communities; to support the development of LGBTQ+-sensitive and -accountable
personal and professional skills among the Ferris community; and to to support and
advocate for, and with, members of the LGBTQ+ community for an equitable, inclusive
culture at Ferris State University that celebrates and values LGBTQ+ people.
Events and Opportunities to Connect
The LGBTQ+ Resource Center offers a wide range of events and other opportunities to
get involved and connect with students, faculty and staff.
Explore LGBTQ+ Resource Center Calendar
LGBTQ+ Liberation House
The LGBTQ+ Liberation House is a Live-Learn Community for students interested in learning
about LGBTQ+ identities, cultures, histories, and communities.
Learn More about Liberation House
- Affirm and celebrate LGBTQ+ individuals, identities, and cultures.
- Educate the greater Ferris community about LGBTQ+ identities and LGBTQ+ inclusive
and affirming practices.
- Connect LGBTQ+ students with each other, staff and faculty, and all University resources.
- Provide resources for students, employees, and the community to learn about and advocate
for LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Foster student leadership and personal, academic, and professional growth through
mentoring and collaborations on and off campus.
- Provide a gathering space for all LGBTQ+ students & allies to build community and
support each other.
Signature Programs and Services
- A drop-in space for visitors. CLOSED due to COVID-19.
- Information, referrals, and advocacy.
- Weekly drop-in Coffeehouse, Wednesdays, 4-6. Moved to our Discord server during the
- Semesterly Welcome Receptions.
- Lavender Graduation, Ferris' celebration of LGBTQ+ and ally graduates.
- Cultural programming for National Coming Out Day, LGBT History Month, Spring Pride
Week, Transgender Visibility Week, Pride Month, and more.
- Social and support groups for questioning students, and for bi, pan, and fluid students.
- A resource lending library, funded in part by the Ferris State University Faculty
and Staff Diversity Mini-Grant, the LGBTQ+ Resource Center, and the Office of the
Dean of Student Affairs. Available by appointment during COVID.
- A donation-based clothing closet for transgender students. Accessible by appointment during COVID.