In 2018, Ferris State University opened its first LGBTQ+ Center. This Center, located in the University Center, serves to foster a supportive environment that is open, safe, and inclusive for students of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. The Center’s objective is to promote understanding, acceptance, and visibility of the LGBTQ+ community by creating, educating, and advocating, and nurturing a healthier and compassionate environment for all.
Celebrating our Core Value of Diversity, the program mission is to
- Increase awareness, education, and presence of LGBTQ+ identity
- Connect LGBTQ+ students with each other, staff and faculty, and all University resources
- Provide resources for students, employees, and the community to learn about and advocate for LGBTQ+ individuals
- Foster student leadership, personal, academic, and professional growth through mentoring and collaborations on and off campus
- Provide for a student led gathering space for all LGBTQ+ students & allies to give and receive social and emotional support