Courses designated as Cultural Enrichment general education courses should:
- Provide interpretive approaches to the events, arts, languages, or ideas of cultures.
- Offer established methodologies for understanding components of cultures.
- Offer an appreciation and understanding of the "techniques" of the arts or disciplines.
- Possibly provide participation in the various arts.
- Help students see the connection between the elements of cultures and themselves.
- Help students explore new ways to perceive, think, experience, and value.
- Help students gain a better understanding of a culture from an analysis of specific
events or works.
- Be compatible with the designation of other universities.
- Provide knowledge and appreciation of the components of a culture.
- Offer an understanding of the processes of thought or creativity that produces a cultural
- Be taught by faculty with the appropriate credentials.