No experience necessary. Stop by and ask questions and try climbing for free. Climbing wall waiver is required.
Climbing Wall Rules
- Climbers and belayers must complete waivers and contracts before participating.
- Belayers must complete the Climbing Wall Certification Test verified by UREC Climbing Wall staff before belaying.
- Belayers MUST use anchors at all times.
- No outside equipment (except climbing shoes).
- No chalk: liquid or powder.
- No jewelry on hands or arms.
- Follow your line to the top.
- No bare feet or sandals.
- All Participants must wear shirts.
- No food, gum, or beverages (except water in an enclosed container).
- Climbing wall supervisor MUST be present to climb on wall.
- Do not step on climbing rope or climbing equipment.
- Climbing wall supervisor must check knots and harness.
- Only figure 8 knots with locking carabiners can be used to tie climbers on to rope.
- Only a D locking carabiner is used to connect the belay device to the belayers harness.
- Climbers must use verbal contracts before climbing: The climber sas "Belay on," belayer replies, "On belay." Climber says, "Climbing" and the belayer replies, "Climb on."
- Report any unsafe conditions (loose holds, worn ropes & equipment), accidents, or injuries to the climbing wall staff.
- No loud or offensive behavior.
- ALWAYS check, double check, and triple check the climber's knot, harness and the belay system before EACH climb
- Make suggestions of route changes to the climbing wall staff
University Recreation and climbing wall staff reserve the right to suspend any individual permanently or for a specified amount of time for unsafe or inappropriate conduct if rules are not followed.