- A student has until August 31 of the academic year in which he or she graduates high
school to apply for TIP. Call the State of Michigan at (888) 447-2687 for more information
on the TIP application process.
- Students must begin using TIP by enrolling in a college or university within four
years of high school graduation.
- Eligibility for using the TIP funds ends within ten years of high school graduation
or GED completion.
- Phase I of TIP covers the cost of tuition, 12 credits per semester, for a total of
24 credits per year.
- Mandatory fees up to $250 per semester (Allowable fees are enrollment fees, student
activity fees, and technology fees.)
- Phase I pays for 80 credits.
- In Phase I a student must enroll in an Associate degree program.
- Ferris State University offers Associate degree programs and certificate programs
that can lead to Bachelor degree programs.
- Students must meet the institution’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy to remain eligible for funding.