Health Professions Loan
Health Professions Loans are available to students enrolled in either the College
of Pharmacy or the Michigan College of Optometry only. Funding for these loans is
extremely limited and offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Health Professions Loan:
- Student must be enrolled full-time (9 or more credit hours) In College of Pharmacy
or Michigan College of Optometry
- Must complete the FAFSA with parental information OR provide copies of parent's federal
tax returns to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (regardless of age or
- Interest rate is 5% fixed - No interest until repayment
- Funds are sent directly to the school
- Repayment begins one year after graduation or leaving the curriculum
- Loan amounts are limited and vary
- Students in eligible programs will be notified when applications become available
To Apply for the Health Professions Loan:
- Pharmacy Health Professions Loan funds have been expended for 13-14. Recipients will be notified by July 1.
- Optometry Health Professions Loan funds have been expended for 13-14. Recipients will be notified by July 1.