If you have been selected for the Verification Process, you must provide tax data directly from the Internal Revenue Service.
Acceptable Methods of Submitting IRS Tax Data:
1) By Completing IRS Data Retrieval OR
2) By submitting Tax Return Transcripts . Photocopies of tax returns are not acceptable for this process.
- You may request a "Tax Return Transcript" of your federal income tax return at http://www.irs.gov
- The IRS produces more than one type of transcript. Only Tax Return Transcripts are acceptable to complete the verification process.
- You will have the option to Get Transcript Online or Get Transcript by Mail.
- To obtain your tax transcript online you will be required to provide identifying information including credit card information; or mortgage or auto loan account numbers. There is no charge for this service, but the IRS uses this type of information from your credit history to confirm your identity. The benefit of the online request is that if confirmed, you may print an immediate copy of your Tax Return Transcript.
- If you request your transcript by mail, it is typically 5-10 days for receipt.