Am I eligible to be a Guest Student?
You must be actively enrolled in classes within the last two semesters of the date
you plan to be enrolled as a Guest Student. The Guest Institution will determine if
you are admissible. Most colleges will require that you be in good academic standing
with a 2.0 or higher GPA.
Can I be a Guest Student at an Out-of-State College?
No, the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application was the result of an agreement
between Michigan colleges and universities. This application is not applicable at
colleges outside of Michigan. If you wish to attend an out-of-state college, you must
complete the regular admissions application and request that your official Ferris
transcripts be mailed to that institution.
What steps do I take to become a Guest Student?
- Meet with your Ferris advisor or the appropriate College educational counselor to
determine equivalent courses to be taken at the guest institution. Have your advisor/counselor
provide this information to you in writing.
- Print and complete the Guest Application.
- Submit the Guest Application to the Student Services Center in the Timme building.
Ferris Student Services staff will verify that you are in good academic standing and
will then process the application by mailing it to the Guest Institution for you.
- Contact the Guest Institution to confirm your application was received and that you
are registered for the correct classes. Also, determine payment options, class locations,
and how to purchase books.
How do I receive transfer credit for courses taken as a Guest Student?
- Request your official transcript from the Guest Institution's Registrar's or Records
Office at the completion of your semester.
- Have your transcripts mailed to:
Office of Admissions and Records
Ferris State University
1201 S. State St, CSS-201
Big Rapids, MI 49307
- Allow a minimum of two weeks for your transcript to be printed and mailed by the guest
institution and received by Ferris. Once received, your transcripts will be evaluated
for possible granting of transfer credit(s).
- Monitor your Ferris transcript at MYFSU to determine when transfer credit was granted. If you feel you have allowed enough
time for the transcript to be processed, but it does not show on "My FSU," please
contact the Admissions and Records office at (231) 591-2100 or toll-free 1-800-4-FERRIS.
What grade is needed to receive transfer credit from Ferris?
A solid "C" grade or higher is needed in each course to be awarded transfer credit
from Ferris. Please realize that some majors at Ferris require higher grades to fulfill