The Administrative Council has been discussing the following topics at their recent
- Currently working on the Council elections process to ensure a more broad representation
on the Council.
- Vice President Scoby met with the Council requesting feedback from the membership
on the new performance evaluations and merit processes.
Topics/concerns conveyed to the Council from the membership:
- Outdated position descriptions.
- Employees receiving additional duties without further pay or removing current duties
to accommodate the additional work.
- Employees requesting flex time.
- Dental and vision plans have not been updated in over 10 years.
- Discussion on ways to project positive working environments at Ferris.
- Discussion concerning the potential changes as proposed by President Obama on FLSA
Overtime Exemption Rule to change the exempt from overtime salary from $23,660/year
to $50,440/year. This awaiting a 60-day comment period.
- Concerns that the employee service awards event has lost focus and that employee names
are not announced.
- Position postings do not list salary ranges. Could the salary range at least be listed
for internal employees/applicants only?
- Sick time carry over for those not grandfathered.
- Positive comments on the Staff Center for Training and Development and its work, as
well as the funding provided by President Eisler to continue Lynda.com and the new
full-time support staff.