Ferris State University's Mission
Ferris State University prepares students for successful careers, responsible citizenship,
and lifelong learning. Through its many partnerships and its career-oriented, broad-based
education, Ferris serves our rapidly changing global economy and society.
Ferris State University's Core Values
- Collaboration: Ferris contributes to the advancement of society by building partnerships with students,
alumni, business and industry, government bodies, accrediting agencies, and the communities
the University serves.
- Diversity: By providing a campus which is supportive, safe, and welcoming, Ferris embraces a
diversity of ideas, beliefs, and cultures.
- Ethical Community: Ferris recognizes the inherent dignity of each member of the University community
and treats everyone with respect. Our actions are guided by fairness, honesty, and
- Excellence: Committed to innovation and creativity, Ferris strives to produce the highest quality
outcomes in all its endeavors.
- Learning: Ferris State University values education that is career-oriented, balances theory
and practice, develops critical thinking, emphasizes active learning, and fosters
responsibility and the desire for the lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
- Opportunity: Ferris, with a focus on developing career skills and knowledge, provides opportunities
for civic engagement, leadership development, advancement, and success.
Student Affairs Mission Statement
Our mission is to promote, support, and complement the academic mission of the institution
by working collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to create and extend
student services and student learning opportunities outside the classroom.
Student Affairs Assessment Goals
Our three main assessment goals include:
- monitoring student usage of division programs, services and facilities,
- identifying needs of students as well as satisfaction with programs and services offered,
- and determining educational and personal outcomes associated with Student Affairs
programs and services.