Spring 2024 Commencement Cap Photo Challenge Rules
The Ferris State University News Services and Social Media Team is collaborating with Alumni Relations to host the Spring 2024 Commencement Cap Photo Challenge. This contest is open to all graduating Ferris seniors who are participating in Spring 2024 commencement ceremonies. The contest is designed to showcase creative messaging on caps in preparation for commencement ceremonies, May 3-4, 2024. A grand-prize winner will be honored and two to three individuals will receive runner-up prizes. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges. The grand-prize winner receives a diploma frame as well as a portfolio and pen set. Other winners receive the portfolio and pen set. Winners will be notified by email.
To enter, we ask that you:
- Be creative in decorating your cap for the Spring 2024 commencement ceremonies (see example below)
- Submissions will be accepted through Thursday, April 25, 2024 at noon. Successful entries should not include inappropriate references to alcohol. Additionally, successful entries should not include drugs, drug paraphernalia, or nudity. Such entries, or other entries at the discretion of judges, will be deemed inappropriate, and the entrant will be disqualified.
- Email your two-photo entry (see example below) to the [email protected] email account. The cap and the person submitting the cap should be visible in photo
one. A second photo should show only the cap. Be sure to include contest entry information,
below. The following information should be included in your entry:
- First and Last name
- Degree to be earned
- A caption that describes your inspiration for your cap design.
- You may also email [email protected] to make arrangements to come to the office, Prakken Building 108, to have photos taken and to submit the appropriate information, in person.
Please keep in mind photos submitted may be posted on official Ferris social media
accounts in addition to other Ferris publications. Only the official entrant is considered
the winner. The deadline for submission is Thursday, April 25, 2024, by noon.
Pictured below is Spring 2023 participant and prize winner Robin Kendziorski's two-photo entry.