Use the information below to book an instruction session conducted by a librarian. To reserve a room, go to Room Reservations.
Questions about Library Instruction?
- Available for almost all courses
- Specialized for subject/course/research needs
What do we need to know?
- Choose a time frame
- Short-term: From 15 minutes to a single class session
- Long-term: Multiple class sessions throughout the semester
- Select a location
- In FLITE
- In your Big Rapids classroom
- Off-campus at other FSU locations, may be in-person or as a webinar (dependent on the subject area)
- Tell us how much time students need to work in class afterwards
How to Schedule
- Request 14 days in advance (dependent on librarian availability)
- Specify location (if in FLITE, dependent on instruction studio availability)
- Attend with your class (shows your student this is important for success)
- Contact your librarian if you need to cancel or will be late
- Schedule the instruction studio at FLITE
- Work with you to provide customized instruction
Librarians can (dependent on course)...
- Customize a single instruction session
- Provide timely instruction in multiple point-of-need visits
- Create a course-specific class help guide
- Embed materials into an online course
- Offer instruction by webinar or in person off-campus
- Provide information literacy pre- and post-testing
- Assist with citations