The Ferris State University Women’s Advocacy Forum is a diverse group of people dedicated to the advocacy and advancement of women.
- strong mutual support networks among members;
- mentoring opportunities for women to share strengths, talents, and experiences;
- fulfillment of our members’ leadership potential;
- career and personal development; and
- recognition of women’s achievements and of organizations and individuals that connect, support, and encourage women.
Join us at the Women of Color Collaborative Luncheon on November 9th, 2018!
Please join us for a discussion about the Women of Color Collaborative Luncheon. This is an opportunity to network with other women on campus and share experiences from the luncheon.
Go here to access the signup sheet for the potluck. Food can be brought to the FLITE kitchen in the morning of the event. Please mark "For the Forum Potluck" and put in refrigerator or freezer. There is also room for crockpots to be plugged in.
According to the MI-ACE website, "This award honors Michigan women who have distinguished themselves by providing outstanding leadership to women in their institutions, in their profession and in society at large. The award recognizes groundbreaking work on behalf of women that is outside the scope of the nominee’s formal faculty or staff responsibilities. Honorees have distinguished themselves as advocates for women and catalysts for change."
Olukemi (Kemi) Fadayomi; Academic Affairs, University-Based Award Winners Announced The Women’s Advocacy Forum is pleased to announce the recipient of the Helen Gillespie Ferris Distinguished Woman Leader Award. Honorees chosen for this annual award will also be the Ferris nominee for the Michigan Distinguished Woman Leader in Higher Education Award, presented each year by the Michigan ACE Women’s Network. Award Criteria Prior Awardees page will be coming soon
What we do...
- Provide networking and professional development opportunities for women
- Collaborate with Ferris student groups and offices to provide educational events for the campus and the community
- Provide leadership opportunities for women
- Recognize women's leadership and achievements at Ferris
- Promote participation in other Michigan-based women's groups
How to get involved...
- Become an active member by attending our meetings
- Attend one of our campus advocacy events
- Wear your "Advocate" pin to show your support
- Volunteer to help with one of our events
- Like our Facebook page