College Factual, a New York state-based data analytics company, cites new datasets in its 2022 Best Colleges Rankings. It ranks various Ferris State University associate and bachelor’s degree programs among the top 10 nationally for colleges and universities.
Ferris’ ranked first in “Best Colleges for Surveying Engineering” and fourth nationally among “Best Industrial Technology Schools.”
The university also ranked as 84th best value for bachelor’s degrees for the money, which puts Ferris as a top-five-percent school for overall value.
Data points, including the U.S. Department of Education College Scorecard by Field of Study and the National Center for Education Statistics’ 2020 Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Taxonomy, were among more than 20 factors in College Factual’s findings.
Five associate programs offered by Ferris received top 10 rankings in their category among all schools nationally.
- Plastics and Polymer Engineering Technology (first in a field of seven)
- Construction Engineering Technology (third among 38 options)
- Environmental Control Technology (sixth out of 62 qualified institutions)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (ninth in a group of 79)
- Industrial Production Technology (10th of 113 schools offered)
The four top-10 ranked bachelor’s degree programs noted by College Factual include:
- Industrial Technology (fourth among 52 qualified schools)
- Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology (fifth in a field of 49)
- Industrial Production Technology (rated sixth, 80 schools ranked nationally)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (seventh out of 66 institutions)
College Factual’s findings on Ferris programs are available online in the 2022 Best Colleges Rankings report.