Ferris State University alumni and students can explore careers, options for graduate
schools, internships and employment opportunities during Career Week. Events begin
on Monday, Oct. 20 and run through Thursday, Oct. 23.
Career Week is coordinated by the Center for Leadership, Activities and Career Services. The week’s events include informational sessions, on-campus interviews, an etiquette dinner and a graduate school fair. The Career and Internship Fair, Thursday, Oct. 23, is the week’s main event with more than 220 major employers from business, education, healthcare technology and other industries in attendance.
“This event allows students to explore different careers, network with employers and actively pursue fulltime and internship opportunities,” said Michele Albright, coordinator of the Career Center. “The large number of employers include returning representatives as well as many new faces. We anticipate that the variety of industries and number of employers will provide longstanding opportunities for our Ferris students.”
Below are the schedule of daily events:
Monday, Oct. 20
- Etiquette Dinner in Granger Atrium, 6 p.m.
- This event kicks off Career Week and is facilitated by Hospitality Management Program Coordinator and Professor Julie Doyle and Assistant Professor Amy Dorey. Students will learn proper etiquette while enjoying a five-course meal for $5. Preregistration, via OrgSync, is required to attend this event.
Tuesday, Oct. 21
- Graduate School Fair in Williams Auditorium Lobby, 5 p.m.
Students will explore graduate programs from numerous Michigan universities. A representative from Kaplan Testing will be available to discuss test requirements for admissions and a financial advisor will help students discover ways to pay for graduate education.
Wednesday, Oct. 22
- Career Fair – Take 1 in Starr 223, 6 p.m.
- A simulated Career Fair will be available for students to receive tips from experts and develop strategies to navigate the Career and Internship Fair, successfully.
Thursday, Oct. 23
- Employer Information Sessions in Starr Building, Second Floor, 4 to 9 p.m.
Select employers will hold 50-minute informational sessions about their company and opportunities. Students seeking employment with these companies are highly encouraged to attend.
Thursday, Oct. 23
- Career and Internship Fair in Ewigleben Sports Complex, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- More than 220 employers will be in attendance to greet people. Professional dress attire is required at the fair. Attendees should bring a resume and be prepared to ask questions. Registration is walk-in and students must attend to sign up for interviews with employers. All students of all grade levels are welcome to attend the fair.