BIG RAPIDS – A series of stakeholder meetings have been held during the past several months to seek input on strategic goals for the University and initiatives to move these goals forward. With help from the University community, the Strategic Planning and Resource Council has refined these goals.
The overarching goals represent the next steps to embody the values expressed in the recently adopted mission and vision statements. The following six goals include:
- Goal 1: Become a demonstrable center of excellence in educational quality and student learning
- Goal 2: Develop a university community where all are valued, welcomed and informed
- Goal 3: Enhance the financial position of the institution
- Goal 4: Provide a state-of-the-art, sustainable and safe learning, living and working environment
- Goal 5: Foster collaborative internal and external working relationships
- Goal 6: Foster innovation and improve processes to move the university forward
These goals will serve to keep the University focused on its drive to promote its core values of Collaboration, Diversity, Ethical Community, Excellence, Learning and Opportunity. As part of Ferris' Summer University on June 2, the campus community will have the opportunity to further shape this plan by identifying possible ways these initiatives can be implemented.