202 South Street
Big Rapids, MI
The Peer mentoring program of the Live Learn communities at Ferris State University are designed to give first-year students support at the most critical time of a college career—the first semester. Each first-year students is matched with a peer mentor during move-in. During welcome week, first-year students participate in activities planned by the peer mentoring program.
Each mentor supports incoming student through regular meetings, check-ins, and purposeful conversations while students transition to Ferris. mentors and mentees may meet for dinner, attend a fun event, or even work on a community service project together.
Your peer mentor is there to:
- help ease students into the college routine
- help new students acclimate to Ferris State
- familiarize students with campus and the Big Rapids community
- Increase bonding to the community
- lend a helping hand, when needed