Information Technology Services
805 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
IT Solution Center
Phone: (231) 591-4822
Toll Free: (877) 779-4822
Information Technology Services (IT Services) has begun efforts to apply a more structure approach to managing larger, more complex endeavors involving administrative applications, academic and instructional technology, infrastructure, information security, and networking. We work with the administration to prioritize our projects and do a better job of executing them.
Project Management is part of the Enterprise Application and Infrastructure Services (EAIS) Department and is there to ensure consistent project management techniques are used throughout all of IT Services. IT Services Project Manager Office includes Jim Cook.
Using a well-defined project management workflow will provide a framework for IT Services to do a better job of:
- Communicating with customers, staff and upper administration,
- Reviewing of all aspects and cost of a given project,
- Setting realistic commitments on scope, schedules, costs and staffing,
- Prioritizing and/or ranking of projects,
- Completing projects on time and on budget.
We have worked to develop criteria for what a “project” is, developed an online project request form, and documented the approval flow.