IT Services - New Password Reset/Account Unlock Tool Coming 3/12/2020
IT Services is excited to announce the roll out of a new passphrase reset tool to Ferris State University that will allow you access to modern options to reset your own passphrase when needed. With the new passphrase reset tool, you have the ability to reset your forgotten/expired passphrase from a variety of easy-to-use options, including:
- SMS Text-based verification
- Email verification (non-Ferris email address)
- Microsoft Authenticator app (iOS and Android)
- Manage Engine ADSelf-Service Plus app (iOS and Android)
- Faculty/Staff/Affiliates on Windows based computing devices – use the reset password link on the login screen or press the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and select “Change Password”
With all of these options, you now have the ability to change/reset your passphrase as needed without having to call the IT Solution Center for help. You now also have the ability to unlock your account with the options above too if you happen to lock your account after 5 unsuccessful attempts.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the IT Solution Center at 231-591-4822.