Disk Cleanup helps free up space on your hard disk, creating improved system performance.
Disk Cleanup searches your disk and then shows you temporary files, Internet cache files, and unnecessary program files that you can safely delete. You can direct Disk Cleanup to delete some or all of those files. This tool guides you through a series of tasks and systematic procedures to help you get back to work quickly.
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Right-click on the hard drive icon and select Properties.
3. On the General tab, click Disk Cleanup.
4. Disk Cleanup is going to take a few minutes calculating space to free up. Wait.
5. In the list of files you can remove, uncheck any you do not want removed. Click OK.
6. Click "Delete Files" to start the clean-up.
7. Wait for the Disk Cleanup to finish.