Below are the instructions on how to request additive computing devices through the IT Services Self-Service Portal.
1. Go to the Self-Service Portal by clicking Cherwell Self-Service Portal
2. Log into the Self-Service portal by clicking the login link in the top right corner and enter your Ferris Username and Password to login.
3. In the toolbar at the top, click on Service Catalog.
4. From the Service Catalog, click on the link for Add Computers to a Location, which can be found under the Hardware > Desktop Support classification.
5. Fill out the 5 fields on the form to request the additional computers. The first fields is for the quantity of computers being requested. The second field is for your manager/supervisor that will be the first approval for this request. Just type in their name and hit tab. You may need to select from a list. The third field is for the source of the computers – Donation, Inventory, or New Purchase. The fourth field is where the computers will be located – Building & Room number (ex. UCB 108). The fifth field is any additional needs for these computers like additional power, network jacks, cooling, support, etc. Then click the Add to Cart button.
6. You will now see a summary screen of your Service Request. Just click the submit button to submit the Service Request for approval.
7. You will receive 2 emails when the Service Request is submitted. One stating your Service Request has been submitted successfully and another one showing you the details of the Service Request. An approval email will be sent to your manager/supervisor for their approval. You will get further emails for each of the three approvals if approved. If the Service Request is denied, you will get one email notifying you of the denial and the Service Request being resolved.