Ferris State University's Mission
Ferris State University prepares students for successful careers, responsible citizenship,
and lifelong learning. Through its many partnerships and its career-oriented, broad-based
education, Ferris serves our rapidly changing global economy and society.
Ferris State University's Vision Statement
Building on the vision of our founders, Ferris State University will be an agile and
transformational university. By integrating theory and practice, we will foster opportunity,
discovery and professional preparation for a dynamic global society.
Ferris State University's Core Values
- Collaboration: Ferris contributes to the advancement of society by building partnerships with students,
alumni, business and industry, government bodies, accrediting agencies, and the communities
the University serves.
- Diversity: By providing a campus which is supportive, safe, and welcoming, Ferris embraces a
diversity of ideas, beliefs, and cultures.
- Ethical Community: Ferris recognizes the inherent dignity of each member of the University community
and treats everyone with respect. Our actions are guided by fairness, honesty, and
- Excellence: Committed to innovation and creativity, Ferris strives to produce the highest quality
outcomes in all its endeavors.
- Learning: Ferris State University values education that is career-oriented, balances theory
and practice, develops critical thinking, emphasizes active learning, and fosters
responsibility and the desire for the lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
- Opportunity: Ferris, with a focus on developing career skills and knowledge, provides opportunities
for civic engagement, leadership development, advancement, and success.