Medical Informatics includes topics in healthcare, information technology, and leadership. With these valuable skills, you will be a definite asset in the high-demand fields of health informatics and health information management
An individual with these skills will use the technology and methodology to optimize the acquisition, storage, retrieval, and use of information in healthcare. The technology which includes computers, medical terminologies, clinical data sets, and information systems will allow the medical informatics professionals to make healthcare information easily accessible. This specialty will provide better ways for the healthcare industry to streamline the communication process within their networks of providers and patients.
Successful Medical Informatics professionals possess the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team
- Ability to apply technology in a practical, real-world way
- Ability to explain complicated material in an easy to understand manner
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Ability to work with computer programmers, designers, and all levels of management
- Desire to help individuals in the medical community, including patients and doctors
The 22-credit Medical Informatics Minor at Ferris State University provides graduates with a skill set which is in high-demand in the healthcare industry.
Contact us now to see how YOU can be a part of the Medical Informatics Minor and begin your journey forward in the dynamic field of healthcare.
Health Information Programs Coordinator – Paula Hagstrom