College of Arts, Sciences and Education
Kathryn Malone, PhD
Social Work Department
Phone: (231) 591-2760
Email: [email protected]
- PhD, Doctor of Philosophy in Social Work, Colorado State University, Education
- Master of Public Administration, University of Colorado at Denver, Domestic Violence Program Management
- Master of Social Work, Arizona State University, Child Welfare Specialization
- BS, The Pennsylvania State University, Human Development and Family Studies, Spanish Minor
- Institute, Institute on Inclusion and Inclusive Classrooms, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI, United States
- Institute for Learning and Teaching Short Courses, Best Practices for Online Course Design, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, United States
- Institute for Learning and Teaching Short Courses, Integrating Non-Native English Speakers Into Classrooms, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, United States
- Faculty Learning Community, Shoah (Holocaust and genocide testimony) Learning Community, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI, United States
Kathryn Woods earned her B.S. in Human Development and Family Studies at Penn State. She then earned her M.S.W. at Arizona State with a child welfare specialization and her M.P.A. from University of Colorado at Denver with a concentration in domestic violence program management. She earned her Ph.D. in social work from Colorado State University. Kathryn worked for 8 years in non-profit crisis intervention and sexual assault and domestic violence intervention, and for 9 years in college campus victim advocacy. She had been teaching in BSW, MSW and women's studies programs since 2004. Kathryn has a miniature dachshund and loves to read, sing and play guitar.
Publications and Intellectual Contributions
- Book Chapter
Woods, K. (2017). "Campus Victim Advocacy and Its Role in Supporting Survivors of Interpersonal Violence," Campus Sexual Assault: A Reference Handbook.
- Malone, K. (2008). "Intimate Partner Violence," Battleground: Women & Gender. Greenwood Publishing Group.
- Journal Article
Malone, K. (2006). "Recognition Without Intervention: Transforming the anti-LGBTQ School Climate," Journal of Poverty. 10 (2). pp. 5-26.