1201 S. State Street,
Big Rapids, MI 49307
This provides paid sick time up to the limits provided below, to all employees (even new hires and part-time employees) who are unable to work or telework because:
- The employee is subject to a federal, state or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19.
- The employee has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19.
- The employee is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and is seeking a medical diagnosis.
- The employee is caring for an individual who is subject to a quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19 or who has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19.
- The employee is caring for a son or daughter of the employee if the school or place of care of the son or daughter has been closed, or their child care provider is unavailable due to COVID-19 precautions.
- The employee is experiencing any other substantially similar condition specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services in consultation with the Secretary of the Treasury and Secretary of Labor.
Part-time employees are entitled to leave in an amount equal to the average number of hours they work over a two-week period. Unused paid sick leave under this provision does not carry over from year-to-year.
If you have a qualifying reason and need to request Emergency Paid Sick Leave under this new act, please complete the Emergency Paid Sick Leave 2020 form, along with documentation from a health professional. Completed forms should be returned to [email protected]