1201 S. State Street,
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Consortium Student Information
Consortium students taking classes at Northwestern Michigan College may choose to
enroll in a Deferred Payment Plan.
Enrolling in the payment plan is solely the responsibility of the student.
Students who wish to enroll in the Deferred Payment Plan must do so before NMC's payment due date; or at the time of registration if you register for classes after NMC's posted payment due date.
If you fail to pay your NMC bill or set up a deferred payment plan by NMC's payment due date, your classes are subject to drop based on NMC's payment due date policy.
- You must submit an online Consortium Form to be eligible for the Deferred Payment Plan.
- There is no enrollment fee for the Deferred Payment Plan.
- Rent is excluded from the Deferred Payment Plan and must be paid monthly.
- Ferris State University does not directly pay your charges at NMC.
- You are responsible for paying your community college charges.
- Students MUST have a FAFSA on file with Ferris to set up the deferred payment plan with NMC.
If you fail to pay your Deferred Payment Plan by the deferred date, your NMC account will have a hold placed on it and you will not be able to register or receive official transcripts until the balance is paid in full.
NMC Payment Due Dates based on the Deferred Payment Plan
Fall - October 15
Spring - February 28
Summer - June 30
To enroll in the Deferred Payment Plan
- Log into NMC Self-service, select Student Billing, select Payment Plans, select Enroll in a Deferred Payment Plan for MARITIME and Ferris Consortium Students only for the appropriate semester. Review deferment and click "accept".
- Confirm that your NMC payment is deferred: MyNMC Self-service, select Student Billing, select Account Summary for the semester you are deferring and verify the current due is $0.
- Once completed, the plan will be set up in your account and it will reflect the future due date. If you add additional classes after you set up a payment plan, please contact the NMC's Enrollment Services office at (231) 995-1035 to adjust your payment plan.