Skip to Top NavigationSkip to ContentSkip to Footer

Requesting Military Transcripts for Transfer Students


Each branch of the military has developed methods for documenting military training that the American Council on Education (ACE) has evaluated for college credit. For information on obtaining your military transcript, just review your branch of service below.

Ferris will evaluate your military credit for a possible award of transfer credit after your official transcript has been received and you have been admitted to the University. Have your official military transcripts mailed to:

Office of Admissions and Records
Ferris State University
1201 S. State Street, CSS-201
Big Rapids, MI 49307

Transcript requests will require your full or former name, social security number, birth date, dates of service, current mailing address, Ferris' address (see above), your signature and the current date.

Air Force

Send a letter containing the above information to the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) at:

130 West Maxwell Blvd
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6613
(334) 953-2794


Joint Services Transcripts

Coast Guard

To receive an "institutional copy" of your Coast Guard transcript, you must complete a form 1560/04e (, Educational Assessment Worksheet.

If your Educational Assessment Worksheet has already been completed, you can request your Coast Guard transcript with Form 1561. Mail these forms to:

The Department of Transportation
U.S. Coast Guard Institute
5900 SW 64th Street, Room 235
Oklahoma City, OK 73169-6990

Joint Services Transcripts


To request and "institutional copy" of your Joint Service Transcript JST, you must complete the current form on-line. Mail or fax your request to:

Navy College Center
Code N2A5
6490 Saufley Field Rd.
Pensacola, FL 32509-5204
Phone: (877) 253-7122
Fax: (850) 452-1281

Joint Services Transcripts