Career Center Advisory Council Members
Auto Owners Insurance
Grand Rapids Public Schools
HRU Technical Recruiting
Mecosta County Chamber of Commerce
New York Life
PolyFlex Products, Inc.
Spectrum Health Systems
State of Michigan Civil Service Commission
State of Michigan Department of Corrections
West Michigan Works! West Central
Ferris State University
Career Center Advisory Council
(Last Update August 2020)
An Advisory Council is assembled to support the mission and vision statements of both
Ferris State University and The CLACS Career Center. We seek to enhance student services
and relationships that will assist in preparing students and alumni for career success
by engaging them in leadership development, mentorship, and opportunities by:
- Considering services, outreach of, and programs offered through the Career Center
- Encouraging student learning outcomes related to employability skills
- Sharing Industry specific information and help identify workforce trends
- Fostering alumni relationships in the workforce
- Helping develop new internship and employment opportunities
- Supporting employer, faculty and student relations by communicating information with
- Board Structure
The Career Center Advisory Committee will consist of 30 members representing employers,
faculty, administrators and students from a variety of industries and disciplines.
- Membership will be by invitation from the Coordinator of Career and Volunteer Centers
so that many diverse colleges, roles, and industries are represented.
- Ferris State University will have representation from the following colleges and departments.
- Academic affairs
- Student affairs
- Off campus programs
- Extended and International Education
- Retention and Student Success
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Engineering Technology
- College of Health Professions
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Optometry
- Kendall College
- School of Education
- School of Criminal Justice
- A two year term limit will be required. This will allow different employers, students,
and educators to contribute to the on-going focus of the career center advisory committee.
Members desiring to remain active beyond their initial two year term will have an
opportunity to express interest, or recommend a replacement for consideration prior
to new invitations being distributed.
- The board will meet a minimum of twice annually.
- The executive board will be lead by an employer chair and a student chair.
- Current Chair – Christopher Smith, New York Life (elected 2019)
- Student Chair – Caitlin St.clair, Social Work (elected 2020)