- Getting involved gives you the opportunity to meet new people and feel at home
- Ferris State offers opportunities, often at little or no cost, that you may not encounter again
- Discover a new interest or career path
- Learn to interact with all kinds of people and cultures
- Increase self-esteem and develop leadership qualities
- Students who are active in campus activities are more engaged in the campus community and succeed academically
- Attending activities can be fun and reduce stress
- Get connected to campus resources
Engaging students in a variety of events and providing event planning resources and guidance
- Why are activities important?
- How do I find out about events?
The local Big Rapids community has lots of events happening throughout the year. These activities can be found on The Mecosta County Area Chamber of Commerce Calendar
Popular Reoccurring events
Five Star Events are the premier educational and engaging events of the year. Only four to six events are selected each semester to receive this designation.
Friday's At Ferris take place on various Friday evenings throughout the semester in and around the University Center
- What can I do on the weekends?
Being a Bulldog doesn't stop on Friday!
Campus and the local community offer plenty of opportunities to keep busy all weekend long.
Check out our Bulldog Weekend schedule published every Wednesday and posted on the CLACS Facebook page and Bulldog News (in your email daily).
- What is Bulldog News?
Bulldog News is the student's go to for everything Ferris! This is a must read. Delivered to your Ferris email daily when news occurs, you will find important information such as:
- Important University Information
- Reminders of things to do like file your FAFSA, Update your Address, Withdraw from classes