Step 1: Respondus license information
- Before you get started, open up Blackboard
- Navigate to the "Support" link at the top menu
- Click on "Technical Support" tab
- Scroll down to the "Respondus License Key"
- Copy and paste the Institution Name, Local Support Contact, and Installation Password
as you may need that if you need to get the update
Step 2: Turn off SmartScreen filter in Windows 10
- Open Internet Explorer
- Note: Don't be fooled by Microsoft Edge as the icon does not have a yellow halo around
- In Internet Explorer, click on the "Tools" icon. It looks like a gear as shown in
the following image (1). Click on "Safety" (2) Click on "Turn off SmartScreen Filters"
Step 3: Clear Browser Cache from Internet Explorer
Step 4: Setup Respondus
- Make sure you have Internet Explorer open before opening Respondus, as recommended
by the vendor.
- Run Respondus application as an administrator
- Search for Respondus in my Start Menu
- Right-Click on Respondus
- Select “Run as Administrator”
Step 5: Check for Respondus updates
- Click on the “Help” from the top menu in Respondus
- Click on “Check for Update”
- If it gets an update, it will prompt you with a Respondus License Key information
which is found in Blackboard, Support link, Technical Support. You should have copied
that information from Step 1.
- Open up or create a new Respondus file
- After you have opened or created the Respondus file
- Click on the “Preview & Publish” tab (1)
- Click on “Publish to Blackboard” (2)
- Click on “Publish Wizard” (3)
- Click on "Next"
- On the next page, check "Yes, check for preconfigured server settings (1)
- Click on the “Next” button (3)
- Choose to “add new server” (2)
- Click on the drop-down menu (1)
- The Publish Wizard dialog box opens up.
- Enter a name such as Blackboard Saas (1)
- Optional, don’t check that box if it is a shared computer (2)
- Check the radio button to “Run connection test” (3)
- Click on “Next” to continue (4)
- A Blackboard login page appears.
- Click on the drop-down menu “Sign in with third party id” to expand the menu (1)
- Click on the URL, https://fsulearn.ferris.edu (2)
- That will open up a MyFSU login page.
- Enter your MyFSU username (1)
- Enter your MyFSU password (2)
- Click on the “Login” button (3)
- The Blackboard page opens, click on “Close after Login” button located on the top
- The following dialog page should appear.
- Choose a Course to publish to
- Uncheck the box next to “Link Exam to Content Area and make available”
- Click on “Next” and this should post the quiz in your course.