Academic Affairs Office of the Provost
1201 S. State Street
Timme Center, CSS 310
Big Rapids, MI 49307
The International Educator Award recognizes a member of the academic community who has demonstrated a high level of achievement in International Education at Ferris State University. The recipient will be selected by the International Education Committee of the Academic Senate. Recipients will receive a trophy and monetary award of $1,500.
Ferris tenured/tenure track faculty members and adjunct faculty members are eligible for this award. Faculty may nominate themselves or other colleagues. Current members of the International Education Committee are not eligible to be nominated. Past recipients of this award are eligible only upon the expiration of the fifth year after their award.
Nominees will be evaluated based on the significance of his/her contributions in these areas:
Please nominate yourself or your colleague(s) for this award by submitting electronically the following:
1. Nominee’s name, Ferris college and department, and phone number;
2. Statement of Nomination, which specifically addresses the 4 Criteria for Evaluation as defined above.
Nominations should be sent electronically to the Secretary of the Academic Senate, as follows:
The Secretary of the Academic Senate will follow up with nominees, providing them with a copy of the International Educator Award Evaluation Rubric, and requesting of them the following:
1. A One-to-Three-Page Paper that:
2. A List of Activities and Accomplishments pertaining to International Education at Ferris State University, divided into the 4 categories of Criteria listed above (required);
3. Up to Three Additional Letters of Support from students, colleagues, and/or professional organizations, as appropriate, will be accepted, but they are not required (optional). Recommenders should explain their relationship to the nominee.
Please see the Academic Senate's International Educator Award Committee page for further details.