We recognize the importance of the adjunct members of our Ferris faculty. The Adjunct
Teaching Excellence Award recipient is recognized by colleagues and students for demonstrated
excellence in teaching. Recipients will receive a $1,500 monetary award.
- The individual must be classified as an adjunct faculty member. S/he may be teaching
full or part-time but is not on a tenure track.
- Nominees must have taught at least one course during the most recent one-year period,
at any location. For example, a person who taught in Spring 2021, Summer 2021, or
Fall 2021 may be recognized in 2022.
- The nominee must have taught for Ferris State University for a minimum of four semesters
that do not need to be consecutive, and they must have taught at least 12 credits.
- Although the individual may be teaching in Spring 2022, that semester cannot be counted
toward either the total credits or the number of semesters, because it will not be
completed by the time of nomination.
- Past recipients of this award are not eligible.
Criteria for Evaluation
Nominees will be evaluated based on the significance of his/her contributions in these
- Exceptional teaching as evidenced by students’ performance and/or students’ ratings
- Development and/or implementation of innovative teaching and learning strategies
- Extraordinary effort devoted to ensuring the quality of the students’ learning experience
- Possession of high scholarly standards for both the rigor and currency of course content
and for the level of student performance with respect to these standards
- Evidence of creativity in instructional approaches
Nominations are welcomed from any source: students, other faculty members, administrators,
or a self-nomination. Students are strongly encouraged to nominate instructors they
believe merit this distinction.
Please electronically submit the following:
- Nominee’s name, Ferris department and college, email address and phone number
- Letter of nomination that specifically addresses the criteria for evaluation
All nominations must be sent to [email protected].
Please include the subject line “Adjunct Teaching Excellence Award Nomination” in
your email. You will receive a confirmation email indicating that your nomination
was received. Please submit a separate nomination for each nominee.
Nominations and supporting documentation are due by 5PM (EDT) on Friday, March 25,