Student eligibility varies by FerrisNow Program. Please contact the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships with questions if you are unsure about student admissions and enrollment requirements.
NOTE: Participation in FerrisNow programs (including concurrent enrollment) does not guarantee admission to Ferris State following a student’s high school graduation. Students must meet the University's admissions criteria.
The following application instructions are for students taking courses at their high school or career tech center.
FerrisNow students who are taking classes on the main Ferris campus in Big Rapids, MI, or on-site at Big Rapids High School, Crossroads Charter Academy, or Morley Stanwood High School should follow the application instructions for dual enrollment.
Before beginning the application process, you should speak with your high school guidance counselor about course selection, course load, and pre-requisites.
1. Complete the free FerrisNow online application. Be sure to select "Dual Enrollment" from the drop-down menu on page 2 of the application.
2. Your high school counselor should email the following documents (one packet) to the FerrisNow Program on your behalf:
- current high school transcript
- test scores (Ferris accepts ACT, PLAN, SAT, PSAT, EXPLORE, MME, or ACCUPLACER)
(See the bottom of this webpage for the FerrisNow Program email addresses.)
3. Once your application, transcript, and test scores have been submitted, the FerrisNow Program will evaluate your eligibility for the program.
4. You will be registered for your Ferris class(es) after the FerrisNow staff has verifiied that you meet the eligibility requirements.
5. You will receive a FerrisNow acceptance letter in the mail upon acceptance to the University.
High school counselors should send student application materials to the appropriate email address:
- College Readiness application packets (CARE and UNIV courses) should be emailed to [email protected]
- Concurrent Enrollment application packets should be emailed to [email protected]
- Dual Enrollment application packets should be emailed to [email protected]
- Woodbridge Promise application packets should be emailed to [email protected]
- Incomplete application packets will not be accepted.
- High school transcripts must be submitted each year.
- The FerrisNow Program may request student transcripts during the academic year as well.
Participation in FerrisNow Program does not guarantee admission to Ferris following a student’s high school graduation. Students must meet the University's admissions criteria.
The high school/career and technical center is responsible for submitting a list of students who should be enrolled in each Ferris State course being offered at the secondary institution. This list(s) should be submitted by the appropriate deadline.
The high school/career and technical center is also responsible for submitting its students’ application materials packets by the deadline date.
All class lists, student applications, application packets, and registration forms should be submitted to Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships by the established deadlines. Please contact the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships for deadline dates.
Students may be added/dropped for the four-day period after the initial start date of the concurrent enrollment course. Please contact the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships for more information about the add/drop period for a specific class.
- FerrisNow Programs Online Application
- Remote Accuplacer Testing Request Instructions and Form
- Student Drop/Withdraw Request Form
Dual Enrollment Students (taking classes on the Ferris Big-Rapids campus)
- Dual enrollment forms are located on the Dual Enrollment Student Resources webpage
*All student forms must be submitted to the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships by the high school and/or career and technical education center. Forms submitted directly from students WILL NOT be accepted.