Student eligibility varies by FerrisNow Program. Please contact the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships with questions if you are unsure about student admissions and enrollment requirements.
NOTE: Participation in FerrisNow programs (including concurrent enrollment) does not guarantee admission to Ferris State following a student’s high school graduation. Students must meet the University's admissions criteria.
The following application instructions are for students taking courses at their high school or career tech center.
1. Complete the free FerrisNow online application. Be sure to select "Dual Enrollment" from the drop-down menu on page 2 of the application. For location, you will select Big Rapids, regardless of where you will be taking Ferris courses.
2. Your high school counselor/representative will provide the following documents to the FerrisNow Program on your behalf:
- current high school transcript
- test scores (Ferris accepts ACT, PLAN, SAT, PSAT, EXPLORE, MME, or ACCUPLACER)
3. You will be registered for your Ferris course(s) after the FerrisNow staff has verified that you meet the eligibility requirements.
4. Upon admission to Ferris, you will receive an email with links to access your student id and to set your passcode.
High school counselors/representatives can upload individual student documents to the school's FerrisNow OneDrive folder. Any questions can be directed to [email protected]
- Incomplete application packets will not be accepted.
- High school transcripts must be submitted each year.
- The FerrisNow Program may request student transcripts during the academic year as well.
Participation in FerrisNow Program does not guarantee admission to Ferris following a student’s high school graduation. Students must meet the University's admissions criteria.
The high school/career and technical center is responsible for submitting a list of students who should be enrolled in each Ferris State course being offered at the secondary institution. This list(s) should be submitted by the appropriate deadline.
The high school/career and technical center is also responsible for submitting its students’ application materials packets by the deadline date.
All class lists, student applications, application packets, and registration forms should be submitted to Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships by the established deadlines. Please contact the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships for deadline dates.
Students may be added/dropped for the four-day period after the initial start date of the concurrent enrollment course. Please contact the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships for more information about the add/drop period for a specific class.
- FerrisNow Programs Online Application
- Remote Accuplacer Testing Request Instructions and Form
- Student Drop/Withdraw Request Form
Dual Enrollment Students (taking classes on the Ferris Big-Rapids campus)
- Dual enrollment forms are located on the Dual Enrollment Student Resources webpage
*All student forms must be submitted to the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships by the high school and/or career and technical education center. Forms submitted directly from students WILL NOT be accepted.