Review the information below regarding the dual enrollment program's admission requirements and application process.
This information below applies to students who are taking classes on the main Ferris campus in Big Rapids, or at Big Rapids High School, Crossroads Charter Academy, and Morley-Stanwood High School.
1. Make sure you meet the admissions requirements for dual enrollment. These are available on the second tab.
2. Meet with your high school counselor and/or principal to discuss the dual enrollment program.
3. Complete the FerrisNow application.
- Write down the course number, the section number, and course reference number when you complete the Course Registration, Authorization to Release Information, and Payment Authorization form.
4. Complete the Course Registration/Payment Authorization form located on the Dual Enrollment Student Resources page.
5. Students wishing to take an online course should review the Online Student Guide.
6. Ask your high school guidance office to submit the following materials [email protected]:
- Completed and signed Course Registration, Authorization to Release Information, and Payment Authorization form
- Test Scores
7. If you meet eligibility requirements for dual enrollment, you will receive a letter with your student ID number and instructions for accessing MyFSU.
New dual enrollment students
- You must have approval from your high school counselor and/or principal
- You should currently be pursuing a high school diploma
- You must meet the following requirements:
- Your SAT/PSAT scores should show college readiness ability (Ferris also accepts Accuplacer, Explore, and ACT scores)
- High school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors should possess a 2.5 or higher cumulative high school GPA
Returning dual enrollment students
- Returning dual enrollment students must:
- obtain a "C" or higher in courses taken through Ferris' dual enrollment program and
- maintain an overall 2.00 Ferris GPA to continue in the dual enrollment program
Note: If the Ferris course you wish to take has test score and/or course pre-requisite requirements, you must meet those in order to enroll in the course.
1. Review your FerrisNow dual enrollment acceptance letter. It contains:
- your Ferris student ID number
- instructions for accessing MyFSU
3. Log in to MyFSU to view your class schedule, access your Ferris State email, and log-in to BlackBoard.
4. Verify your address in MyFSU to lift your address verification hold.
6. Obtain your textbooks if you are taking a class on the Ferris-Big Rapids campus or online. You may purchase your books through the Ferris State University bookstore.
7. Attend your dual enrollment class(es). It is your responsibility to complete the required assignments and tests.
Dropping/withdrawing from a class
If you want to drop the class, make sure you go through the drop process. Don’t just stop going to class because you are still enrolled unless you actually drop the class. You will need permission from your high school counselor in order to drop your courses.
- Review the Advice for Students booklet.
- Arrive for class on-time.
- Your success is up to you. It is your responsibility to complete assignments on schedule
and attend class.
- Classroom behavior on a college campus may be different than what you are used to
in high school. Talking in class, texting, and other disruptions are not welcome.
- Be sure you understand the goals, objectives, and assignments for each course. If you do not understand, ask questions!