The FerrisNow Conference welcomes:
- FerrisNow instructors from high schools and career tech centers
- High school and career tech center administrators
- Potential secondary partners
- Ferris faculty and staff
2020 Conference Cancelled
The 2020 FerrisNow Conference scheduled for March 16 has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 risk.
The University will work with our FerrisNow Partners to provide instructors with necessary training and information.
Contact the FerrisNow Program with questions at (231) 591-5985 or at [email protected]
The 2019 FerrisNow Conference was held on March 18 at the University Center on the Big Rapids campus.
Check back soon for additional presentations.
- FerrisNow New Instructor Orientation
- How to Make the Impact You Intend: Encouraging a College Student Identity
- Creating a Brave and Inclusive Classroom Learning Environment
- FerrisNow: Navigating Student Services Processes
- Integrating Social and Emotional Learning into the Classroom
Discipline Specific Sessions
- Building Strong Partnerships for Successful Students (Dr. Jason Bentley, Dean of Retention and Student Success)
- The Anatomy of Failure (Denise VanEck, Owner and Founder of Thought Design)
- Incorporating College Readiness Skills in Concurrent Enrollment Classrooms (Dr. Kirk Weller, Mathematics Department Head &Kristen Conley, Developmental Curriculum Assistant Professor)
- Integrating Soft Skills into Courses (Michelle Albright, Coordinator of Career & Volunteer Centers)
- Making it Stick (Dr. Brooke Moore, Doctor of Community College Leadership Texas Program Director and Faculty Coordinator of Special Projects)
- Providing Access Through Successful Partnerships (Dr. DeeDee Stakley, Director of the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships & Leah Melichar, Pre-College Specialist)
- Utilizing Game-Based Education in the Classroom (Dr. Andrew Peterson, Coordinator of Instructional Technology)