WHAT IS TAO SELF-HELP?
- TAO is an online library of engaging, interactive programs to learn life skills for better relationships and to help overcome anxiety, depression and other common concerns.
- TAO is based on well researched and highly effective strategies for helping the above concerns.
TAO SELF-HELP OFFERS YOU:
- Interactive learning modules using evidence-based theories.
- Assessments that provide progress and outcome measures and screenings for behavioral health concerns.
- Practice tools and logs to reinforce skills learned in the educational modules.
- Mindfulness library to learn and practice mindfulness and meditation.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR TAO SELF-HELP?
- All students with a Ferris email address are eligible for TAO Self-Help.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR TAO SELF-HELP
- In your browser window, navigate to thepath.taoconnect.org, and click on the ‘Sign Up in Self-Help with an Institution’ button.
- Click on 'Sign Me Up'
- Enter your name and @ferris.edu email address into the enrollment form.
- Leave the 'Enrollment Key' field blank
- Fill out the Demographic Information (optional)
- Agree to the TAO Self-Help Informed Consent (required).
- Click 'Sign Me Up!'
- You will be sent a confirmation link via email. Click this link and sign in with your university login credentials.
I acknowledge that I am voluntarily supplying information in order to register for Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) and agree to have this information transmitted to TAO for the purpose of registration. I understand that I do not have to provide all or any part of the requested information. However, if certain requested information is not provided, registration may not be possible. I understand the risks of providing this information. In addition, I release Ferris State University, their administrators and employees from any liability for my voluntary submission of this information and assume all risk for any unintended release of information to third parties not associated as TAO member institutions. I understand that information I submit in TAO is not monitored by the Ferris State University Personal Counseling Center staff.
If I need immediate help I must call 911, go to the nearest emergency room, call Ferris State University's Department of Public Safety at (231) 591-5000, or present to the Personal Counseling Center during business hours.