Your employer can help you pay for school!
Our Employer Tuition Reimbursement program makes it easy for your employer to help you pay for school. If your employer offers tuition assistance, make sure to take full advantage at Ferris!
Students who qualify for the Ferris ETR program will have their tuition deferred until
30 days after grades post for each semester.
ETR Program Details
In order to qualify for the Ferris ETR program, you must:
- Submit the online Employer Tuition Reimbursement Application
- Submit a current letter of eligibility from your employer. The letter must be on company letterhead and must state criteria for reimbursement up to XX%. Submit your letter with your application or fax it to (616) 451-4740.
- Be enrolled in the ETR Payment Plan through MyFSU EBill. A $35 enrollment fee will be added to your account. Payment using a debit/credit card is required at time of enrollment.
- Log in to MyFSU
- Click the Student tab
- Under Student Quick Links, click on "MyAccount" then click "E-Bill"
- Click the "Enroll in Payment Plan" button
- Select the correct term and then click on "Details" to view ETR Payment Plan information.
- Click "Select" to view ETR payment schedule and (optionally) schedule payments. Scheduled payment amounts will automatically adjust to the charges on your account. If scheduled payments are not set up, you are responsible for submitting each payment on time. A 2% late fee will be added if payments are not made on time.
- View ETR Payment Plan agreement, check the "I agree" box and click "Continue"
Application materials and enrollment fee must be submitted by the deadline in order to qualify for the ETR program. Late applications will not be accepted.
Spring 2020 Deadline: December 17, 2019 by 4 p.m.
- All three ETR requirements must be submitted by the tuition due date in order for students to participate in the ETR program. Late ETR Agreements and Eligibility Letters will not be accepted.
- Tuition costs and fees are the sole responsibility of the student and must be paid within 30 days of grades posting, even if reimbursement has not been received.
- Failure to make timely tuition payments will result in Registration and Transcript HOLDS being placed on student accounts and may affect students ability to participate in future ETR programs. Accounts will also be subject to 2% late fees and delinquent student accounts may be sent to collections.
- The Ferris State University Bookstore (Barnes and Noble) does not participate in the ETR program. Textbooks should be paid in full at the time of purchase and should not be charged against a student’s account.
- Students who do charge their textbooks against their student accounts are expected to make payment for them by the semester tuition due date or they may be subject to late fees.
- Students who have sufficient financial aid (grants, scholarships and loans) in place by the due date to cover their semester charges are not eligible for the ETR program.
- Any financial aid award will be applied to a student’s account and will be deducted from the amount of reimbursement a student qualifies for under the ETR program.
- Ferris provides monthly Ebill statements in MyFSU to all students who have a balance due and students are encouraged to print a copy to give to their employer.
- Students will be provided with grades in MyFSU the Tuesday after the semester ends and students are encouraged to print a copy to give to their employer.
The Spring 2020 ETR Application will be available on November 26, 2019.
ETR Program Staff
Phone: (616) 451-4777
Email: [email protected]