Ferris Statewide Adult Learner Life-Changing Scholarship: This scholarship will be awarded to the first 25 newly admitted students for the aid year who meet the scholarship criteria of being out of high school for 7 years or more and submitted all application materials on MyScholarships.
Breaking Down Barriers
Our scholarships break down the barriers between you and your degree. Ferris offers a wide variety of scholarship opportunities. To access the full list and submit your application, use either of the two links as appropriate.
- If you are an admitted student (you have a MyFSU user name and password) please follow these instructions to submit your applications: Log in to MyFSU > Student tab > Financial Aid quick link > select MyScholarships in the Scholarships portlet.
Ferris Statewide Scholarship Opportunities
- Ferris Statewide Adult Learner Life-Changing Scholarship
- Ferris Statewide Freshman Achievement Scholarship
The Ferris Statewide Freshman Achievement Scholarship has been discontinued beginning Fall 2020 and replaced with the Statewide and Online Woodbridge N. Ferris (WNF) Scholarships and only for the approved Freshman programs listed on the WNF webpage.
- Ferris Statewide and Online Endowed Scholarship
Ferris Statewide and Online Endowed Scholarship: All students enrolled in an off-campus or online undergraduate program for at least three Ferris credit hours are eligible to apply.
- Ferris Statewide Transfer Achievement Scholarship
This scholarship will be automatically awarded to the first 85 newly admitted students for the aid year who meet the scholarship criteria of a minimum of 24 accepted transfer credit hours and a minimum cumulative transfer grade point average of 3.2 or higher.
Students will receive $2,000/year, not to exceed $1,000/semester. The University uses the transfer grade point average by calculating all transferred grades even if they are from multiple colleges or universities.
To be awarded the scholarship, students must be admitted to an off-campus undergraduate degree granting program, excluding online, certificate and pre- programs. To receive the scholarship award, students must be registered for at least 3 Ferris credits.
Readmitted Ferris students are not eligible for the Statewide Transfer Achievement Scholarship. The Statewide Transfer Achievement Scholarship is non-renewable.
- Ferris Next Scholarship
Value - $1,000 per year/$4,000 or four years
Renewal cumulative GPA: 2.75
Requires continuous full-time enrollment
- Must be admissible for degree granting program at Ferris State University
- Must have graduated from high school
- Must enroll full-time at one of Ferris State University sites within one year of graduation. Example: if you graduate in June 2018, you must begin classes at Ferris State by no later than Spring semester 2019. Please click here if you are a Kendall College of Art & Design student.
- Must have successfully earned a C or better in at least 3 credits through a Ferris collaborative high school agreement
- Scholarship is renewable for 3 years (option of 4 with administrative review) with satisfactory academic progress and a 2.75 accumulative grade point.
- Ferris Next Scholarships may be offered to dual enrolled high school students that meet the criteria above, before the student has earned a final grade in the class. If the student fails to earn a C or better in the Ferris class, the offer will be cancelled.
- Woodbridge N. Ferris (WNF) Freshman Fully Online & Statewide Scholarships
Woodbridge N. Ferris (WNF) Scholarships: This scholarship is awarded to freshmen that are admitted to one of the specific full-time, fully-online or statewide programs that meet the high school GPA requirement to qualify for the Dean's or Gold scholarship.
- Bernie Powers Memorial Annual Scholarship
Bernie Powers Memorial Annual Scholarship: This scholarship shall be awarded to either full or part-time undergraduate student(s) majoring in Accounting, CIS or Digital Media Software Engineering programs at Ferris State University or any of Ferris State University’s off-campus locations and be an Eagle Scout.
- Builders Exchange of Grand Rapids and Western Michigan Endowed Scholarship
Builders Exchange of Grand Rapids and Western Michigan Endowed Scholarship: The scholarship shall be awarded to a full-time undergraduate student majoring in Construction Technology & Management and/or Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration.
- College of Education Alumni Board Annual Scholarship
School of Education Alumni Board Annual Scholarship: The School of Education Alumni Board annually offers four scholarships for which students apply. Members of the Alumni Board evaluate student applications on the basis of their academic records, leadership potential, service to Ferris State University, and written essays.
- Digital Animation and Game Design Student Scholarship
Digital Animation and Game Design Student Scholarship: A scholarship will be awarded to a Ferris Grand Rapids student majoring in Digital Animation and Game Design, to be used exclusively for educational expenses.
- Digital Media Software Engineering Student Scholarship
Digital Media Software Engineering Student Scholarship: A scholarship will be awarded to a Ferris student majoring in Digital Media Software Engineering, to be used exclusively for educational expenses.
- Dr. W. Marlene O'Hara Memorial Annual Scholarship
The Dr. W. Marlene O’Hara Memorial Annual Scholarship shall be awarded to a full-time undergraduate student in the Criminal Justice program at Ferris State University/Grand Rapids Campus. The recipient shall be in good satisfactory academic standing. Preference shall be given to eligible students who demonstrate financial need determined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- Ellen Haneline Health Professions Endowed Scholarship
The applicant for ;this scholarship must be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in any associate or baccalaureate degree program in the College of Health Professions. Recipients shall have a minimum GPA of 3.25 at the time of application. Preference shall be given to eligible students who demonstrate financial need, determined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- Ferris/GRCC Assist Annual Scholarship
Ferris/GRCC Assist Annual Scholarship: A scholarship will be awarded to a full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate student enrolled with both Ferris State University and Grand Rapids Community College.
- Grand Rapids Endowed Student Scholarship
Grand Rapids Endowed Student Scholarship: A scholarship will be awarded to a Ferris student admitted to any Grand Rapids program, full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate student, to be used exclusively for educational expenses.
- Gregory Dreuth Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Gregory Dreuth Memorial Endowed Scholarship: Applicants for the scholarship must be fully matriculated students in good standing with the University who have completed a minimum of 47 credits of academic work and is enrolled in the Food Service/Hospitality Management program or a program that will lead to a degree, associate’s degree or certificate in the programs.
- Industrial Technology & Management Scholarship
Industrial Technology & Management Scholarship: A scholarship will be awarded to a Ferris student majoring in Industrial Technology and Management, to be used exclusively for educational expenses.
- Kenneth Hoexum Endowed Scholarship
Kenneth Hoexum Endowed Scholarship: Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students of junior standing enrolled in a College of Business program who has demonstrated a high level of scholastic achievement. Preference will be given to students from the Greater Grand Rapids MI area.
- Millard Quinlan and Ida Quinlan Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Millard Quinlan and Ida Quinlan Memorial Endowed Scholarship: Mr. Millard Quinlan and his sister, Ida, were Michigan teachers for over thirty years. In recognition of their excellence in teaching, the Quinlan Scholarship funds up to 25% of tuition and other educational related expenses to academically successful students from Luce, Mackinaw, and Chippewa Counties.
- Minnie Mould Marsh Endowed Scholarship
Minnie Mould Marsh Endowed Scholarship: Applicants shall be at least junior standing enrolled in the College of Business on a full-time or part-time basis. Applicants must have maintained a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA, have participated in campus and/or community related extracurricular activities and demonstrated leadership potential, evidenced by award, recognition or participation.
- Paul Winfred Owens Memorial Book Scholarship
Paul Winfred Owens Memorial Book Scholarship: Applicants shall be full and/or part-time undergraduate students majoring in Social Work, with a minimum 2.75 GPA at the time of application.
- The Teahen Family Extended Learning Annual Scholarship
The Teahen Family Extended Learning Annual Scholarship: Students wishing to be considered for this scholarship must be admitted to and enrolled at a Ferris State University Statewide (off-campus) location for at least 5 credit hours.
- Scott Whitener Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Scott Whitener Memorial Endowed Scholarship: Dr. Whitener, the former Dean of the College of Education, was known throughout Michigan for his commitment to students, innovation, and excellence. He was very active and engaged throughout his career to ensure that Ferris State University students succeed. This scholarship honors the late Dr. Whitener and supports students who demonstrate achievement and leadership.
- W.S. Garrison Endowed Scholarship
W. S. Garrison Endowed Scholarship: Applicants must be currently enrolled and in good standing with the University, be a Food Service Management or Hospitality Management major and have completed at least 47 credit hours, but less than 148 credit hours.