The Manufacturing Institute is an outreach training program of Ferris State University, the College of Engineering Technology and Corporate and Professional Development.
The Institute provides efficient access to College resources in order to build a stronger and more talented workforce. The Manufacturing Institute includes courses that target today's industry needs. Courses are developed to integrate learning and practice to effectively build knowledge and skills for manufacturing professionals at any level.
The Objectives of the Manufacturing Institute
- To upgrade skills and knowledge important to manufacturing
- To educate new workers essential processes and skills
- Arm industry with a workforce better able to compete in an evolving market
The Target Audience
- Mechanics, Machinists, Maintenance, Technicians, Supervisor Personnel
- Apprentices and seasoned Journeymen
Ferris Resources Available to You
- Classrooms and computer labs conducive to learning
- Laboratories equipped for applying newly acquired knowledge
- Instructors with industry experience and skills for effective training
- Unless otherwise indicated courses are held on the Big Rapids Campus of Ferris State University in the Swan Building (915 Campus Drive)
- Click here for driving directions to Ferris State University campus
- Click here for a map of the campus
Special Notes for Participants:
Course activities will be divided between classroom instruction, demonstration, and "hands-on" lab exercises. Students should arrive with proper safety equipment which always includes: enclosed leather shoes/boots and safety glasses. A list of the training descriptions is below. We will not be offering all training's this spring. Consider a customized quote or contact us to discuss training options for any courses not offered.
To register, receive a customized quote or to discuss training options
Email: [email protected]