Due to the reduced volume of cars parking on campus in the summer, Public Safety does allow exceptions from the normal parking regulations:
The following parking exceptions will be allowed:
- Students may park in any Residential, Faculty/Staff, Commuter, or Apartment lot without having to purchase a permit.
- Students may also park overnight in any lot without purchasing a permit
- Faculty/Staff who display a valid parking permit are allowed to bring trailers on campus as long as they park legally and take up no more than two spaces.
- Guests to campus, other than faculty, staff, and current students, will no longer have to secure and use a guest parking pass to park in most areas of campus during summer parking.
- Guests parking on campus at a metered parking spot will no longer have to pay the meter during summer parking, with the exception of lot 39 at the Rock Cafe.
- Any person parking at a meter in lot 39 will be required to pay the meter.
- Summer parking, for purposes of these changes, is defined as the first day after the last day of class each spring semester, continuing on until the first day of class in the fall semester.
- Fire lane and handicap parking regulations will continue to be enforced during summer parking.
Permits will be available for sale for the 2019/2020 school year on the following dates:
- Faculty/Staff July 1st, 2019
- Commuter July 22nd, 2019
- Apartments July 22nd, 2019
- Residence Halls August 5th, 2019
Please contact Public Safety at 231-591-5000 with any questions or e-mail us at [email protected]. We are open 24/7/365.
Last Updated: May 20, 2019