The Department of Public Safety is committed to the principle that all people are entitled to unbiased, equitable treatment by police officers. Based upon our values and commitments, we feel it is vital we describe our philosophy and standards to clearly establish what Ferris State University, Big Rapids, and the Mecosta County communities can expect of our police department.
Please join us in welcoming Evan Rezler as DPS' Public Relations Intern for the academic year. Evan is responsible for assisting in media relations and social media presence for DPS. He will assist DPS in positively promoting the department's philosophy, mission, and standards.
Evan works closely with each of our divisions at DPS: Police Services, Parking Services, and Emergency Management; ensuring information is quickly and easily accessible to students, staff, and the campus community. He is directly supervised by the department's Dispatch Specialist, Dylan Tantalo, a Ferris Alumnus of the School of Criminal Justice.
Some of Evan's responsibilities as a PR Intern include:
- Author content and create publication calendars for FSUDPS social media accounts.
- Perform research to find articles, stories, resources or other content relevant to the FSUDPS community, creating social media content that invites conversation and interaction while focusing on increasing awareness and engagement.
- Be present at and take photos and videos of events to be developed into content for the FSUDPS website and social media accounts.
- Work with Parking Services to provide real time social media updates relevant to parking changes or issues.
- Marketing projects as assigned by FSUDPS, Emergency Management and Parking Services, which includes working closely with University Advancement & Marketing.
- Update and make changes to the FSUDPS website as needed.
Evan began his enrollment at Ferris State University in the Graphic Design program, while minoring in Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications (AIMC). He earned his Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design and is completing his Bachelor’s Degree in the AIMC program. Evan is on-track to graduate May 2019.